Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fabric Design Decisions

This morning I worked on finishing up some designs for an upcoming Spoonflower design competition.  They hold them weekly, each week a different subject/parameter.  I always want to enter, but until now, have only ever been able to finish one design for entry.  I have worked on three different competitions, but time and power outtages have thwarted my other BRILLIANT ;) entries.

The parameters of the one I am working on has a color restricted palette (RGB #a7bb7d and #724b64) and must use geometric shapes.  I started a very basic design and then sort of built it from there, unable to stop myself, since the design is for myself.  Therefore, I have decided to post all of them here and have you all let me know your thoughts on which one I should use for the entry, as you can only enter one design in each weeks competition.

First, a close up of what the dots look like:


















Now the different designs, I could have done more on the white background, but I don't seem to like those as much, so I didn't.  Obviously, all these patterns will repeat over and over on the fabric.


Polka Green

Polka Purple

Polka Green with Purple Detail
Polka Purple with Green Detail
Polka Green with White & Purple Detail

Polka Purple with White & Green Detail


Polka White with Green Dots

Polka White with Purple Dots 







Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. My favs are either Polka green or Polka purple with green & white details.

    ReplyDelete

Have questions - Ask Away! Have comments - Let us know what you think!